How to import characters from adobe character animator to storyline 360

Aug 25, 2020

Hi, Everyone.

I've searched google regarding my question but was unable to find an answer. I'm hoping I can get the answer from this new discussion. I'm planning to use puppets from adobe character animator, however, I don't know how I can import characters from adobe character animator to storyline 360.

Thank you in advance to anyone who's willing to lend a few minutes of their time to answer.

2 Replies
Dave Cox

Hi Sarena,

If your characters are static, then export them as images. If you want transparency around the character, I would suggest png images. If your characters are moving, the you are going to want to make them mp4 videos or animated gifs. Gifs are very limited, so you are probably going to want to stay with video. Of course, video, you can't have transparent backgrounds, so you are going to have to take care of the backgrounds too. 

I use a lot of video in my presentations. If I have to animate something that I can't do with Storyline's built in tools, then I go to video. Once I do that, I do the entire slide in video, except for anything that is interactive. You can place interactive elements in front of your video. If fact I always place a transparent shape over my videos to prevent anyone from clicking on the video ans stopping the video independent of the timeline.

I hope this information helps,

Dave