7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Victoria, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into issues with this feature. 

Would you mind telling us a bit more about the behavior so we can check what's happening? 

Dr Victoria Sublette

Hi Joe,

I'm using 3.70.29211.0

Usually, the slides go in a line vertically when the command is next, but now they are going horizontally in the scene.

As I'm not paid to test this software, and don't really have the time as I have a job to get back to, I will give you some scenarios to test, since you ARE paid to test it! :-)

• Make some slides with numbered variables and layers
  • Use the Else command: show layer if variable <0, Else jump to next slide
  • Also, test it the other way, since I couldn't get it to work at all: Jump to next slide if variable (greater than/equal to) 4, Else show layer XX.
  • Try removing the Else condition

Let me know how you go!

Walt Hamilton

I don't work for Articulate, and I don't have access to your project, so I couldn't try out Joe's suggestions to see if they are helpful to you. So I spent a few minutes following your instructions, and this is how I went.

I noticed five things:

1. Both commands and both Else conditions worked perfectly. (I included a trigger to change the value of the variable, to make it easier to test.)

2. The user doesn't see the slide thumbnails, but they navigate through the slides in the order I chose.

3. The built-in menu works correctly.

4. If I remove the Next button from the first slide, it changes the thumbnails in the story view, and ONLY the thumbnails.

5. Removing the else condition from the first slide changes nothing in the project.

If you preview this story, I think you will conclude (as I have) that the else command is not causing a problem. If it is a problem that the project works perfectly, but the thumbnail view is off, make sure that slide 1 has a trigger whose first option is jump to next slide, as in scene 2.

I do agree it seems a bit strange that in the thumbnails, story view handles a primary branch one way and a conditional branch another way. I imagine somebody forgot a bit of code, but since it doesn't change anything, it doesn't seem like a problem to me. I just pretend I see it the way I want it to look. :)

Dr Victoria Sublette

Hi Walt,

Sorry, I get a bit miffed when the tech support makes me test things and do all sorts of screenshots of their software issues adding to the workload of my day.

I can't get the else to work if I put it in the order of jump slide else show layer, but it works the other way.

Yes, my thumbnails went out of sequence (number-wise) as well when I pasted them in.

thanks for your help!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Victoria, 

Thanks for sharing the steps. Similar to Walt, I also was unable to to observe any issues with the ELSE condition. I've attached the file that I used for testing so you can see if I setup the slides and tested it correctly. 

If my files works for you, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!