Importing Slides in Storyline 360

Aug 08, 2018

I am trying to import slides from one 360 file to another. It allows me to select the desired file and select which slides to import. However, it does not import the slides, instead I am left with a new Blank scene without the slides. Any suggestions on what could be causing this or a work around would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

5 Replies
Andrea Koehntop

Hi Joe! Have you tried these steps to import slides from other storyline projects?

If you’ve already followed the steps in the article, and the slides still don’t import into your new project, would you be able to share the .story file you want to import the slides from?

You can upload it publicly here, or privately through a support case, and we’re happy to take a look and help you troubleshoot.

Joe Loree

Thanks for getting back to me. I found a workaround, but here's the strange part. I was working on a course that has eight modules, and I built out one module as a prototype to get feedback on before building out the whole thing. So I had the main file with about 40 slides as a skeleton, plus a second file with about five slides for the prototype. I tinkered with the prototype file after getting feedback and then wanted to import it back into the main file - but it would not let me do it. It would, however, let me import the larger file into the smaller one. That was a bit more work - more things to move around, adjust, delete, rename, etc. - but it got the job done, after some annoyance and frustration.