Is it possible to add triggers to individual cells within a table in Storyline 360?

Jan 03, 2024

I have a project where I am importing PowerPoint slides that include tables.

The tables are mostly for formatting purposes and ease of copy/pasting information from other places - including Excel.

I am seeking a solution which would enable a user to click into individual cells and have some actions result -- click on table's cell A2 and jump to slide 2 and also change the state of cell A2 to visited. The slide with this table would be a slide the learner is returned to after reviewing some information. They would then click on another cell to explore additional content. When all content has been explored, the course would be marked complete.

The individual cell's do not seem to be something I can add a trigger to - just the entire table. I've looked at layers and hotspots a bit but I'm not finding a straight-forward solution but I'm not super familiar with all the options that might be available. I suspect that I'll need to just use shapes or buttons to mimic the look of a table while enabling the types of actions desired, but I'm hoping some wise community member might have better solution ideas.

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

You could keep the table, and put a shape on top of each cell.

The attached file has a demo. 

• Each shape has a Normal state with white fill set to 99% transparency, which makes the shape invisible on the white background. 
  • Each shape has a Visited state with a green fill set to 85% transparency.
    • Note: No trigger is needed to change to the Visited state. The program will automatically change each shape to Visited when the shape is clicked.