Issues with Results Slides after latest update

Oct 08, 2020

I have a course/game I set up in SL360 in which I have a meter that rises  (changes states) based upon the number of points earned during the course of the game. There are six separate results slides for 6 scored assessments (Results1.ScorePoints, Results2.ScorePoints, Results3.ScorePoint, etc.) that are calculated to obtain the final score in the final results slide (Results.ScorePoints).  As the learner goes through the game and completes the assessments along the way, the progress meter increases based on the current running "total score" or Results.ScorePoints variable, they have accumulated along the way.  Everything has worked beautifully, that is, until the latest SL360 update. My meter stopped working as it didn't recognize the Results.ScorePoints variable to evaluate the triggers and set the meter progress state. In fact, it stopped totaling the results slides to get the final total. What I did notice is that the due to the version change, all of my 6 assessment results were de-selected to calculate toward the final total. So, I selected them, and that fixed the total score. However, all of my triggers for the progress meter that were based on that total score variable, failed and I can not get that variable for the total to be recognized. The format of this latest update is very different, now, with regard to scoring,  and when it changed it messed up my programming on a very complex project. All I can do is to revert back to an older version of Storyline at this point. My question is, what has occurred in the new version that has disrupted how the result variables are evaluated? Has anyone else experienced any disruptions to scoring based on the latest update? (latest version September 29 version 3.44.23192.0) 

4 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Laura, I think it would be worth raising this directly with support (support ticket) as it may be a fringe case that was not considered and needs to be patched in a future release. Sounds frustrating for you. I know there were significant changes to the results slides and the ability to configure how the course marks as completed and so it sounds like that change has introduced a bug for you. The engineers might be able to provide some guidance in your instance, or one of the support staff provide an alternate solution.

I guess it is a breaking change for you.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Laura,

Sam is correct.

With the September 2020 update for Storyline 360, we added more ways to track learners’ progress and results. Here are the new features:

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Brian E.W. McNulty

Hi Laura, I found that using my own variables and tracking scores and totals works best. I don't have to worry if there is an update and functionality stops working. This is rare, but has happened to me too and I have to go back and fix all of my triggers. I do a lot of game-based courses and haven't had an issue when I FEEL I am in more control.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.