Issues with size and quality of the shown slides in Storyline 360

Nov 23, 2023

Hello,  I am kind of new to articulate. Maybe someone can help me with my two issues. 

First issue: Is it possible to have the web based training that I am creating with storyline 360 to display on full screen? When I preview my training it is always shown in a smaller picture with a big black edge around it.

I tried to adjust the slide size as mentioned in some of the discussions here but it would still be the same outcome (doesn't matter which size I use). 

Second issue: I am having problems with the qualitiy of the screenshots that I insert into articulate. I want to create a step by step training in which the users get a feeling for a software they will use on the job and what the have to click on to use the software correctly. But since articulte won't display the slides on full screen, the quality of the shown slides is reduced and is just not good. 

The "Zoom to fit" option in the storyline player could have solved the problem but unfortunately it fits only in the width of the picture and not in the height, and scrolling in the displayed window is not an option for the web based training. 

Thanks in advance for any help on my issues!

Best regards

Toni 

2 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Toni,

Happy to help!

If you want to display your course in full-screen, you can do so by adding a full-screen toggle to the player. Here's how: 

Regarding the image quality issues you're experiencing, you'll want to make sure that the resolution of your image files matches the size of the slide that you are currently using. Check out this article for more tips on making sure that your media files have the best quality when added to your course: 

Let me know if you have any questions!