Issues with Studio 2013, Office 8 64 bit

May 17, 2014

I recently bought a new pc which operates at 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Office 2013 - 64 bit Not a problem with my Captivate or Storyline software -- also the newest versions -- but Studio 2013 only works with 32 bit Office.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  Short of buying a PC to operate at 32 bit and buying Office and Windows at 32 bit as well, is there another solution?  Sad to say the response I got from customer service and tech service was disappointing, to say the least.  Customer Service sent me a list of the specs for Studio -- well gee thanks, duh! and tech support never responded.

2 Replies
Alexandros Anoyatis

Phil Mayor said:

Presenter 2013 at the moment is 32bit only.  I am think that Articulate are aware users want a 64bit version.

There is no way to make the current version work with 64but Office.  

+1.Also, you don't need to buy a new PC. I am pretty sure you can downgrade your 64bit Office suite to 32bit, without changing your OS - a 64bit OS is capable of running 32bit applications.Hope this helps,Alex

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.