Jump to layer trigger works in Preview but not 360 Review

Jul 20, 2022

I just sent a module to 360 review and am discovering that on any slide where I have a button trigger set to "start of timeline" on [name of layer], it goes back to the appropriate layer, but then the timeline doesn't continue.

So in this particular example, when a question is answered incorrectly, a "try again" button appears which is supposed to take them back to the original question and allow them to select a different answer. It takes the learner back to the right layer (base layer), but the question box never appears and no other buttons appear as they're supposed to. So the learner is now stuck on the slide with no option to move forward or backward.

Each time one of these question slides appears, it works fine when I preview it before publishing, but when I publish to 360 review, it stops working.

I've included a screenshot of how the "incorrect answer" slide is setup and then the base layer that it's supposed to return to.

7 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Kim, 

Thanks for reaching out! Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at how your slides are setup? We'll delete them when we're done troubleshooting. 

One thing you can try on your end is to use the 'Jump to slide <this slide>' trigger combined with the 'reset to initial state' resume behavior to reset your slide to its initial state whenever you need your learner to retry a question. I'll be glad to show you how you can implement this once we receive your file.

Kim Leal

Thanks for replying, Joe! I've uploaded the project using the link you provided.

After trying a few times with my colleague, we found that it's inconsistent. Sometimes when viewing that course in Review 360, she would get stuck with one or more slides not operating correctly, and sometimes it would work fine, even though the only thing we did was refresh her browser. We didn't upload a new version of the file. I was never able to duplicate this issue in Storyline, only in Review. And all of the problem slides have the same settings. So I'm still not sure why it would work sometimes and not others.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

how do you publish?
 - open file, publish (without any clicks between)
or
 - open file, do some clicks oder double clicks, then publish

(the result is different If you use "text styles", I have on open support ticket to this issue since march)

to test this issue, close storyline after every publish - because of the publish cache

Jürgen

Kim Leal

Hi Phil, On "slide setup" screenshot there is an object trigger for "jump to start of timeline on [base layer] when user clicks button 3" Is there an additional setting that would need to be added? The trigger sounds intuitive to me that it would go back to the start of the timeline and continue from there.