Lightbox Size Issue

Feb 05, 2024

I know that lightboxes are supposed to be about 25% smaller than the slide they cover, which is what I want so that you can still see the other slide behind it. However, my lightbox seems to cover the entire slide. Any idea what could be going on or how to fix this? 

I'm still relatively new to Articulate and am doing a practice eLearning about baking a cake. The activity is for the user to drag and drop ingredients onto the bowl, and they click the recipe card in the top left to see which ingredients they need (that's the lightbox). 

I've attached images so you can see how the lightbox covers the whole slide. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

8 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Heather,

Happy to help!

I did a quick test on my end just to test the functionality and I am seeing the normal lightbox that has a smaller size appear when it is called. I have a feeling that the behavior might have something to do with how your slides are configured. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at your slides? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Judy Nollet
Heather Overton

Thank you for pointing that out, Judy. I just deleted the duplicate. 

I deleted my comment that mentioned this thread was a duplicate, because the link to the other, now-deleted thread no longer works.

FYI: My intent on linking to the other thread was so Jose could see the comments already made about this issue. Oh well...

Heather Overton

Oh I'm so sorry, Judy! I'm new to posting questions on here and am still learning the best way to go about things. I think it was a double post because when I originally posted, it said it was reported, so I just posted again. I guess the original one went through after all, so I wanted to remove the redundancy. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Heather,

Thanks for sharing your project file. I took a look at it and saw that the lightbox slide was smaller compared to the base slide as expected: 

There isn't a way to customize the size of this lightbox to make it smaller, but you can check out this article for tips on how to create a pseudo lightbox effect using slide layers

You'll have full control over the size of the image if you use slide layers, so this is something to consider when choosing between lightboxes and layers.