Locking Slides

Nov 09, 2017

Good morning, 

I work in higher education and I am looking for a way to have students access a multi-modular project over the span of two years. There are seven mini modules and a large module. Since student take classes in various order, I was wondering if there was a way within articulate to "lock" and unlock modules based on a student ID number or username?

2 Replies
Michael Anderson

Meredith, Ashley's suggestion is the best one, but may be work intensive for whoever has to allow students access to the new modules.

It is possible to add a "password" field to a Storyline module to allow or deny access, but it may not be 100% hacker-proof. You could assign individual codes or IDs to each student before publishing the course (even creating some extras for new students) and embed them in the course behind the scenes. There would be nothing preventing students from sharing codes, but you might be able to track that in the LMS. Let me know if you would like to see a demo of this functionality.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.