Lost Storyline File

Sep 15, 2023

Hi,

I can't find for the life of me a SL interaction I published in Rise. I last published it on 8/26/23. I'm dying because I could have sworn I saved it as a scene with all other interactions for this course. Is there a way I can open an earlier version of my file?

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Kandice,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag.

There isn't a way to revert to an earlier version of a Rise 360 course, but if you still have access to the Storyline 360 project that you used to publish the interaction, you can just republish the interaction to Review 360 and add it back to your Rise 360 course.

Kelly Auner

Hi Kandice,

In addition to what Phil suggested, you can try searching in your temp files. Here's how:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline.
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a .story file
  3. If you find the file, copy it to your desktop (if you find more than one, copy the latest version).
  4. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  5. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

We do recommend working on and saving projects to your local hard drive (typically your C: drive) to avoid erratic behavior. Here's a resource with tips to reduce the risk of file corruption that may be helpful.

If you have any questions, please let us know!