Motionless Motion Paths

Oh community of uber-savvy articulate users, my motion path is stuck. It works fine the first time the slide is viewed, but then won’t move the next time the slide is viewed. I’ve checked everything I can think of, and I’m “motionless” on this draft without your help (excuse the pun)! Here’s the workflow:

Learner selects scenario 1 from the list on slide A.

Learner selects an image in scenario 1, which triggers a change in 2 variables.

Learner moves on to slide B, where the motion path on the base layer (aka the “your prediction” meter) moves “up and down” based on the 2 variables. Additional layer appears, because learner came from scenario 1.

Learner returns to slide A and chooses another scenario (2).

Learner selects an image in scenario 2, which triggers a change in 2 variables.

Learner moves on to slide B, where the motion path on the base layer (aka the “your prediction” meter) moves “up and down” based on the 2 variables. Additional layer appears, because learner came from scenario 2.

Repeat until all scenarios have been viewed.

Because it works in the first scenario, I keep thinking it doesn’t work in subsequent scenarios due to something that’s preventing the base layer from moving? Or is it something with the motion path itself? Here are some other settings I checked:

·        Relative start point is selected for all motion paths

·        Variables work

·        Base layer timeline is NOT paused

·        Slide layers are set to resume saved state

·        Base layer is set to resume saved state

·        Triggers start after the slide timeline is at 2 seconds

In case it’s easier to see the .story file, I’ve attached a miniature version.  Please be gentle; this is only in Alpha stage.  Many thanks in advance for your time and attention. 

1 Reply
Walt Hamilton

Wow, this is a very nice looking story.

I didn't follow all your logic for moving the polygon, but it sounds like a logic problem.  I don't know if this is all of your trouble, but I know it is part of it.

 

Sl cannot mix "AND" with "OR". Period. Usually the way to handle it is to create another variable (like ThumbSelected), and set it with one trigger with an "OR" condition. Then write the next trigger with "ThumbSelected AND MeterCount".

SL has a built-in trigger to handle setting the selected state, and it can frequently cause conflicts if you write your own:

P>S> it's not easier to help if we can see the file; it's almost impossible to help without it. :)