Multiple Answer Quiz

Nov 06, 2014

I am putting together a quiz that has an "all of the above" choice.  I would also like users to be able to click the 4 correct options individually instead of just the "all of the above".  Is there a way to do this?

I think that I heard something like this in a webcast on Storyline 2 yesterday but of course cannot remember all of the steps.

Thanks

9 Replies
Emily Ruby

Hello Rebecca!

One way to achieve this is to use the Multiple Choice question option, and score by Choice instead of By question.

You can set each individual answer to earn the same amount of points as the All of the above option. This way, when any of the correct options are selected, the user will get the same passing score.

Hope this helps!

Rebecca Fleisch Cordeiro

Hi Rebecca,

I'd created something quite some time back in answer to a similar question, so thought I'd post it here. I wasn't able to get it to work with standard MR, and I don't think you want MC, which is mutually exclusive, since you've said you would, "also like users to be able to click the 4 correct options individually instead of just the "all of the above". (Emily I'm not able to select all the options in your sample? I may be doing something wrong).

My attached example was created by inserting check boxes for each answer (I only have 3 choices AND an All of the Above choice, but it would work the same for your 4-answer quiz).

Then I created a Pick One quiz with 2 buttons offstage. These are used to display the Correct or Incorrect layers.

The Correct button is selected and the correct layer is shown when the user clicks Submit based on the triggers.

There are 2 triggers for the correct layer.

• Apples state is selected AND Bananas is selected AND Watermelon is selected
    also
  • All of the above is selected AND Apples is selected AND Bananas is selected AND Watermelon is selected

There is 1 trigger for the Incorrect layer. It's button is selected and the layer is shown when the user clicks Submit based on this trigger: Apples state is not selected OR Bananas state is not selected OR Watermelon's state is not selected

SUMMARY

So, if Learners only click all of the individual answer boxes boxes but not the All of the above box they show correct
If they only click the ALL of the above box but not the individual answer boxes they show correctIF they click all individual answer boxes and the all of the above box they show correct

BUT

If they click any individual answer box or 2 individual answer boxes they show incorrect
If they click 1 or 2 individual answer box AND the all of the above box they show incorrect

Please shout out if you have any questions.

Emily Ruby

Thanks for sharing Rebecca!

Hopefully that is what Rebecca needs!

Using the Multiple Choice, scoring by choice, will give the opportunity to select any of the answers individually (but only one) and get a passing score, instead of having to pick all of the answers to get a passing score as the Multiple response requires.

Looks like you found a way to conquer both!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.