Multiple Response Question in Storyline 360

Jul 11, 2023

Hi everybody,

i created a multiple response question. The user can choose between 3 answers. Two answers are right, one answer ist wrong. In my case the user cannot choose all 3 answers or answer A+B together. He can only choose B+C together and A+C together. Did i do something wrong in the settings? I cannot figure it out.

Thank you so much.

Elisa

8 Replies
Elisa Raimondi

Dear Eric,

thank you very much for your quick answer. I just found out that is had something to do with the "Schaltflächenset". After i removed it it worked fine. The only thing i can't figure out is that it appears a yellow border on each check box when i hover the mouse over the check boxes. Where can i deactive it?

Steven Benassi

Hi Elisa!

Thanks for following up and sharing the feedback! So glad to hear your issue was resolved by removing the button set from your question slide!

I'd be happy to work with you regarding the yellow borders you mentioned. In order to understand what you are experiencing a little better it would be helpful to see your project file or a screen recording of the behavior you're noticing. Would you mind attaching it here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

Thank you!

Jose Tansengco

Hello Elisa, 

Thanks for sharing a copy of your project file. 

I took a look at your project file and saw that you have the following items marked as the correct answers for the slide: 

Note that the way multiple response questions work is a learner has to select both 'Aral Routex' and 'Shell' in order to be marked as correct. This means that the correct combination to get a correct mark is A + B. Answering either A + C or B + C will trigger an incorrect response because 'DKV' is not part of the correct choices, and both correct choices are needed to be checked for the correct feedback layer to appear.

One workaround that you can do is to include a hint in your 'Try Again' layer to let the learner know that they need to select both correct answers in order to get a correct mark for the slide. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Elisa Raimondi

Hi Joe,

thanks for your answer. It all works fine. The only problem that i still have is that when i hover over the check boxes it appears a yellow border. I don't understand where it comes from. There is no state which shows a yellow border or any other setting. Do you have any idea where i can deactive the yellow border?

Tommi Ojala

I can't uderstand either where that yellow egde glow for the hover state comes from. Either it is just broken, or the place to adjust it is just too well hidden.

In any case I found couple of ways to get around the problem:

1. I deleted the those Hover states, and then duplicated the Down states as the new Hover states.

Or

2. I just applied to a new check style from the format page.

Both of of those methods seem to replace the original with something new that works.

But if there is a way to fix those original items without replacing them with new but similar items I would be interested to know.

Eric Santos

Hi Elisa,

I can confirm your findings and Tommi's that the hover state of the checkboxes does not have a Glow setting which makes the yellow box upon hover questionable. Resetting the checkbox by changing its Check Style and bringing it back again resolves the problem on my end. I attached the revised file with this fix.

checkbox no glow

Here are some tips on how to prevent this situation from happening again:

Let me know if you have questions. I'm happy to help!