New- Storyline into Rise 360

Jul 21, 2023

I am relatively new at this. We hired a contracted instructional designer to create a few Storyline courses for us. As Rise (IMO) is much simpler for the "lay" person to figure out, the plan was for me to then take those Storyline courses and import them into various pages in an overarching Rise course. 

I had the Instructional Designer share the project files with me both so that we can make updates to teh course if we ever need to and so I could import them into my own Storyline account and publish them to REview 360 to be able to share it in the Rise course (as it's my understanding that's the only way Rise can have the courses be viewed). 

It all just seems so overly complicated. I can't figure out which files to try to important, can't figure out where to do it. Was she supposed to send me a different type of file? Like maybe a .story? Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Briana,

The contractor should give you the .story file. Use that source file to publish the course to your Review 360 account. You can then add the content to the Rise course via the interactive SL block. 

You also need the .story file to update that content in the future. In addition, I suggest you get any other special source files from the contractor (such as graphics and media files).