Partial scoring

Oct 04, 2016

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a quiz where several of the questions require multiple choices to be correct, but I would like a partial score to be given for each correct answer, even if the question is wrong overall.

I.e. if answers A and B are required, but only A is selected, the user will get half of the points for the question.

I've seen numerous posts where it is advised that this is impossible, but they are quite old, so I'd just like to confirm that this is still the case.

Thanks.

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robert,

There isn't a partial scoring option within the Storyline scoring set up for any question type, they are currently an all or nothing score approach. I suspect there are folks in the community who have been able to accomplish something similar using Javascript but that's not something I can offer support for, so I defer you to their expertise. 

Hi Alison,

I'm not sure if Robert is still subscribed here, as the post is a bit older - but you could always use the "contact me" button on a ELH users' profile to reach out to them directly! Partial scoring isn't yet a feature of Storyline, but if you’d like to chime in with your feedback on this, please share your thoughts with us through a feature request as well!

Best of luck with your project! 

Hi Barbara, 

That's certainly a way to accomplish this - you'd still need a way to pass that score through a question slide to connect it with your results slide and the score within the LMS. I'd suggest start on a sample course and if you get stuck share with the community here so they can help offer ideas and next steps! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.