Personality quiz

Apr 07, 2024

Hi Heros
I'd like to create a personality quiz and have looked at previous posts but am still confused as to how to create it.

I have questions with three options for each (a, b and c). There is no right or wrong answer. The results need to tally up the total number or a, b and c. And then the learner reads the information for the highest number they got (eg. mainly a's then you read your personality type for a.)

I hope that makes sense. Could I get some guidance on how to set up my variables and triggers to use?

4 Replies
Sanam Madhav

Hi Judy - coming back to this after trying and I'm not quite getting it right. Here is the quiz. So I'm creating 3 variables for each questions: Question1A = 0; Question1B = 0; Question1C = 0. Repeating this for all 5 questions. Then on question slide I will change the variable to: Change Question1A = 1 if selected; Question1B = 1 if selected; Question1C = 1 if selected. I want result page to then total all A's, B's and C's and display these totals for each. I'm getting stuck this point of the results.  

Power Presence :Interactive Quiz

Welcome to the Power Presence Quiz! Answer the following questions:

• Do you maintain eye contact during conversations?
    • a) Always
    • b) Sometimes
    • c) Rarely

• How would you describe your posture in professional settings?
    • a) Confident and upright
    • b) Average, not too noticeable
    • c) Slouched or unsure

• How do you handle interruptions or challenges during a presentation?
    • a) Calmly and assertively
    • b) Manageable, but with some hesitation
    • c) Nervously or poorly

• When speaking, do you use a varied and engaging tone?
    • a) Yes, always
    • b) Occasionally
    • c) Not really

• How well do you connect with your audience or colleagues?
    • a) Very well, I establish strong connections
    • b) Average, I try to connect but not always successful
    • c) I struggle to connect effectively

Now, tally up your answers:

• Mostly As: Congratulations! Your power presence is strong.
  • Mostly Bs: There's room for improvement, but you're on the right track.
  • Mostly Cs: Consider working on enhancing your power presence.

Judy Nollet

Your questions can be set up just like the ones in the demo file that's attached in the post I linked to in my previous comment. If you want, you could put each question on its own slide. But the basic programming would be the same. 

As in that demo, you only need one variable for each question. Triggers should adjust the value of that variable based on which answer is Selected

After all of the questions are answered, use a series of triggers to add up the values from the answer variables. Then show feedback based on the value of that total. 

The demo file has more detailed instructions for this. I suggest you review that and try again.

Then, if you still can't get it to work, post a copy of the .story file. That will make it easier for someone to troubleshoot.

Here are the best practices for uploading a .story file:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
  • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
  • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.