Poor image quality in Storyline 360

Hey guys,

I have found a few threads on poor image quality of previous versions of Storyline, however the new 360 version has also very poor image quality when piblishing. Please see attached screenshot: original image in high resolution saved in png format, imported via Insert Image into Storyline (smaller size! should work fine!) and when published in HTML5 - you can see this low-quality soapy artifacts.

Please let me know where I can adjust image quality settings to avoid that. It seems not to matter how carefully original images are selected with a good quality -if the end result is poor. Please help!

Thank you!

104 Replies
Wendy Watson

I am also having issues with image quality in a storyline course. The image in question is blurred and very poor quality. We also have lines created in storyline that are now blurry and very poor. Tired with both types of players, tested on multiple different browsers and computers.  This seems like a critical flaw in the software - one that will drive us to use something else for our client's project.

Is a fix going to happen for this or is it still on some undetermined timeline?

Thank you,

Wendy

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are running into.

We do still have an open issue with blurriness with:

• Dashed Lines
  • Lines with Custom End Types
  • Arrows

This conversation is linked to the report so that we can pop in and share any updates we have with you here.

As far as having an issue with blurriness, do you know what version of Storyline you're using?

You can check by going to:
Help > About Articulate Storyline

We are currently on Build 3.29.19305.0 of Storyline 360. You can read all of the details here.

We have a couple of fixes from conversations here that have been corrected:

• Blurry text and images in Chrome - corrected in Update 26
  • Animated objects are slightly blurry when viewed in Chrome 73 - corrected in Update 29