Problem Getting Some Storyline360 Triggers/Variables to work

Oct 14, 2020

Hey Articulate Community,

I have a small part (mask-wearing behavior) of a large project (COVID risk assessment) that I am having problems getting to work correctly.

In short, I have 3 variables that get added to a 4th variable and only one is getting added.

Slide 1.2 (Mask Wearing) asks a question about how people wear masks, and depending on what they select a value gets added to variable MaskWear.

Slide 1.3 (Mask Time) asks a question about how often people wear masks, and depending on what they choose on the slider a value is added to variable MaskTime.

Slides 1.4 and 1.5 (Mask Scenario 1 and 2) ask how people would respond in a scenario and depending on which option is selection will add different values to MaskScenario variable.

Slide 1.6 has number entry boxes to show each of the 4 variables (MaskWear, MaskTime, MaskScenario, and MaskBehavior (which is the total of the first three)). Forgive the design on this, these won't be here when the project is finished, just trying to figure out where the issue is.

MaskScenario is working correctly, but MaskWear and MaskTime are not establishing the values and/or not adding to the MaskBehavior variable. I've tried everything I can think of but just can't get it to work. If anyone can see my problem, I would be so grateful.

The .story is attached, but please don't share as it is not for public consumption (yet).

Thanks!

Lori

1 Reply
Carolyn Kunz

I think I solved your issue. First, I removed the JS on slides 1.5 & 1.4 (I left the scenario slides alone since you said they worked). Then, I moved all the Add Value triggers from "Next 1" to their prospective objects and used “Set” for the numbers instead of “Add”.  The revised file is attached. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.