problem with variables

Dec 15, 2015

Hello,

I have an interactive slide where I do not want to participant to continue past without visiting all buttons.  Per the tutorial I added a variable, and I added the three triggers needed to make the slide either advance or display the incomplete message.  For some reason it works on one slide, but does not work on any others.  They look the same to me...I am stumped!  Please help.  Thanks!

Tom Even

3 Replies
Alexandros Anoyatis

Variables carry their values forward. You probably used the exact same set which now carry the "visited" flag over to the second similar slide.

You should either use a different set of variables, or better yet not use them at all and instead use "visited" states in your objects and create conditions using those instead. This would also allow you to easily duplicate the 1st working slide without having to edit the rest.

Either way, Cary's suggestion will also help you understand how variables function throughout the course. Use the reference variable described above or create a textbox in the form of %varName% (where varName is the case-sensitive name of your variable), to troubleshoot with ease.

Hope this helps,
Alex

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.