Problems using h5P content in 360

Mar 06, 2018

I just created a cool flash card quiz on h5p in my wordpress site, but it won't upload as a web object. I never had trouble doing this on Storyline 2, but 360 crashes every time I put in the embed code. Does anyone know how to work around this issue? Here's the code I'm trying to embed. I tried taking out the iframe stuff, but that didn't work either:

<iframe src="http://theedteam.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=h5p_embed&id=15" width="958" height="902" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe><script src="http://theedteam.com/wp-content/plugins/h5p/h5p-php-library/js/h5p-resizer.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Suzy,

It didn't crash when I inserted into Storyline as a web object, but I only used the URL itself, not the rest of the iframe code you shared. So I inserted the following: 

http://theedteam.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=h5p_embed&id=15

I published it for Review and Web - and both of them didn't load the web object, but once I set the web object to open in a new window that one worked. You can view it here. 

I don't know a ton about WP - but perhaps they restrict how and where content is displayed and won't' allow it to display in an iframe?

diane jacques

Hi, Ashley,

Thanks so much for your quick response. I can see it works perfectly in your sample. I did the same thing in my storyline project (i.e. used the URL only and set it to open in a new browser window), but it still isn't showing in the slide. Are you using 360? I even tried resizing the project to the h5P dimensions, to no avail. I'm not sure why you were able to get yours to work. Despite many attempts, I only get a blank slide in Review. Strange thing is, when I test the link, it works. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks again, Ashley.

LOL, I also don't know why I wrote Suzy, sorry about that Diane! 

It opened in the new browser tab and played for me, which is what I would expect based on the settings I used in Storyline 360. So the slide will appear blank and then it'll open in a new tab/window.

I think it's due to the settings within Wordpress to perhaps not allow it to work within a frame - have you reached out to your Wordpress team? I don't know much about Wordpress or how that is set up - but do you have the URL without the embed stuff added to it? It may be worth trying that on it's own as a web object.

diane jacques

Hi, again.

I think it's a bug, because you were able to get it to play by setting up the slide to open in a new browser. When I did the same thing with the same link as you, it didn't work. When I ran a test of the link on the slide, it worked. I tried a few other URLs that were not wordpress sites, and those web objects also failed.

Hi Diane,

Certain web objects can't be displayed in an iFrame (such as Storyline) and that would account for why your site works normally when opening in another browser window.

I tested out a few random web objects myself, and you'll see certain sites such as NYtimes.com won't open in an iframe - and others like a Youtube video will and can also be used as a standard Video Embed (take a look at the 2nd and 3rd slides here - the first slide is your Wordpress site again). 

You also initially asked about h5p content, and I know other folks have used it in the past but it's not something I'm incredibly familiar with.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.