Question banks

Oct 27, 2016

Have you built question banks in your training?

8 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hey Kathy

Thanks for posting your question here in the forums. I have written a few articles about creating question banks, you can find them here:

A little bird told me you might be trying to create a course which contains multiple question banks, and you want the learner to only access the 2nd question bank IF they fail the first question bank.

You can absolutely do this with Storyline. I think a straightforward way might be to set a True/False variable for the Pass layer of the Quiz Results slide for your first question bank. You would adjust your True/False variable to be True ONLY when the user views the Pass layer. Then, you set a conditional trigger to the Next/Continue button on your slide with the T/F variable. If they pass, you bring them right to the end, or IF they fail, you redirect the next trigger to the slide with the 2nd question bank. 

Hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Kathy Sui

Hello all,
Thanks very much for your quick responses.
Here is my situation. I have built 3 sets of question banks for a certification assessment. So far everything is working as I designed it to be. I could not find other ways to trigger.
Here are my questions:

1. Here is how it works. If a learner failed the first set of the questions, on the result page as shown below, I add the “retake” button to go to the next set of the questions, the same as the rest of the question sets. The problem is that we are using Saba LMS and when learner retake the assessment, Saba will ask if the learner would like to resume to where they were, if they click “Yes”, then it will take them back to the last result page. But if they click “No”, then it will take them back to the first set of questions.

Do you have sugegstions as to how to resolve this problem?

Thanks very much.
[cid:image002.jpg@01D2310A.1F8F88A0]

2. I have 3 sets of 20 qestions. The total questions are 60. The passing score is 80% which is 16 out of 20. In order to send the final success score to Saba. I create a 4th result page. This page combines all the scores of the 60 questions. I know each time it collects no more than 20 questions. Therefore, the passing score for 16 out of 60 is 27%.

The problem is that the result view in Saba LMS shows the learner complete the assessment successxfully. All 20 questions maarked correct. It shows 33%. I understand it which is 1/3 of the 60 question. I want it to show 100% instead of 33%.

How can I handle this problem?

Thanks very much.

Kathy Sui

Thanks, Leslie.

My issue is the score sending to Saba LMS with all 20 questions marked correct (1 set of questions which is required to qualify). But The LMS shows all questions are correct which should be 100%, but it shows 33%. How can I change the 33% into 100%.

I could not find a setting to modify this in the reporting and tracking sections. What did I do wrong in building question banks?

Learner has to complete 80% of any one of the complete set of questions in order to be qualified.

Thanks.

Kathy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.