Questions about Storyline 2 for iPad/iPhone
Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for the help. One of my clients has a division that is highly mobile-enabled, using mainly iPads and iPhones. This division currently does not use the corporate LMS, but they may be moving onto SumTotal within the year.
1) Could you please share with me any issues/pitfalls/advice about developing in Storyline 2 for iPad?
2) I know I can publish both for LMS and HTML5 at the same time. Would the HTML5 version be able to communicate with the client's LMS?
3) What are design considerations for iPad? I have heard that iPads cannot auto-play audio. Is that still the case? Any other gotchas?
4) If we publish simultaneously for LMS and HTML5, I'm assuming we'd have to test the HTML5 version on the iPad as well as testing the LMS version on PCs. Correct assumption? Does the code sniff out the device accessing it and deliver the correct version?
5) I remember some time back that Storyline was not recommended for iPhones. What is the current state of Storyline on iPhone? Anyone have experiences to share?
6) Anything else I should be aware of?
Thank you again for any input you may have!
All the best,
Ellen Brodsky, President