Quiz

May 31, 2022

I would like to build a quiz where each answer has a value. At the end, the learner gets a total score. Example:

Question 1 - Choose your favorite:

a) chocolate  (value = 1)

b) coffee (value = 2)

c) salad (value = 3)

Question 2 - Choose your favorite:

a) gummy bears  (value = 1)

b) pretzels (value = 2)

c) kale (value = 3)

User chooses (b) for Question 1 (2pts) and (c) for Question 2 (3pts). At the end of the quiz his score would be 5 total points. 

Is it possible to build this? Can someone point me in the right direction for how to accomplish this? Thank you in advance. 

11 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Meleah.

Thank you for reaching out!

There are a few different ways to accomplish what you're looking for, and it will also depend on how you need the tracking and reporting to work if you're using a Learning Management System.

A simple solution would be to score a multiple choice question By Choice:

This will allow you to give different points to each answer in your multiple-choice question:

Remove the feedback option (set it to None), customize the Results slide so it doesn't show a Success or Failure layer, and remove the passing percentage:

Preview:

I hope this helps!

Meleah Gayle

Three more questions.

ONE: On my question slide, I cannot set it to NOT have a correct answer. It is making me choose one of the answers. 

TWO: I'm not sure how to set up my results slide. I removed the passing percentage when I set up the slide. I do not see a success for failure layer. (see attached)

THREE: Can I duplicate the Multiple Choice slide once I get it set up and use it for all my questions? 

Thanks again!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Meleah.

I'm happy to help!

ONE: On my question slide, I cannot set it to NOT have a correct answer. It is making me choose one of the answers. 

This is not a problem since you're not using feedback, you're assigning points by choice, and you're not tracking through an LMS. However, if you don't want to have a correct answer, here's a trick:

• Select an empty answer as correct
  • Go to Slide View
  • Go back to Form View

TWO: I'm not sure how to set up my results slide. I removed the passing percentage when I set up the slide. I do not see a success for failure layer. (see attached)

It looks like you're using a Survey Results slide instead of a Graded one. That's fine too! Just add a reference to the Results.ScorePoints variable so the user can see how many points they've received. If you add a Graded Results slide, the reference will be there already.

THREE: Can I duplicate the Multiple Choice slide once I get it set up and use it for all my questions? 

You should be able to do that!

I hope this helps!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Rachel.

While this question might be better suited for our community members, I wanted to share a few articles that might help you in your search:

Let me know if you have additional questions!