Quiz Review Player Next and Previous automatically enables
We are having problems with Graded quiz reviews Storyline 360 , although not inclusive of branching graded quiz questions the problem is particularly troublesome when there is multiply branched/conditionally controlled slide advancement!
- When in review mode (a revisit to a Graded Quiz that has had it's interaction submitted) the player should honour the request of the slide properties not to display the players next and previous buttons.
- If triggers are in place for player control when the actual player control is disabled via the slide properties it shouldn't break the display or modification of triggers coded for that player control.
- Do this without extra slides that perform branching between graded question slides
Results when using branching:
With the player next and previous buttons are disabled on the slide properties by design and intention:
When client uses the slides in Review Mode the Next and Previous player buttons turn on regardless of the settings on the slide.
As a result When we have branching quizzes we must now code triggers for branching on Player Next and Previous clicks.
- We code the Previous and Next Player trigger events with branching conditions.
- Automatically the slides properties Player Previous and Next Player buttons checkmarks turn on.
- We Turn the slide properties Players Next and Previous check marks off so in non-review mode they do not appear.
- The triggers for the Next Previous player buttons now appear on the "slide triggers" grouping with the text on screen saying "when user clicks" with out the text "the next button" . Normally these triggers display in the "Player Triggers" grouping with the text "When the user clicks the next button". Note that "Player Trigger" grouping disappears completely if all player buttons are disabled via the slide property settings. If there are "Player Trigger" grouping should always appear!
- If I go to edit the triggers for the player Previous and Next (with Slide next Previous slide properties disabled) the object chosen for the click event shows up as unassigned when it should be showing Player Next or Player previous depending on how we coded the trigger.
- If we turn players Next and Previous player buttons back on via slides properties the triggers will display and edit correctly. But we must have these buttons not displayed so as a editor I am always fighting the player.