Reducing Large Size of Published Files (918 MB)

Oct 20, 2022

Recently I published one course and it came around 918 MB as the final output size. I have gone through the folders and I found the js folder in html5 --> data has 900 MB. I don't know why it is coming like this. Is there any way to reduce the output size except the methods which are already mentioned above?

The storyline file has 208 slides and only 1 master slide. There is nothing is left unwanted in the storyline file. The course doesn't have video or audio. Even we haven't given any animation also. Only texts and Images are there in these 208 slides. Even though, the output is coming to almost 918 MB.

Please help me with this issue. I need to reduce it to almost 500 MB.

2 Replies
Sam Hill

Sorry. I should have read more closely. Your JS folder is 900MB!!!! Wow. I guess it is a big course (208 slides). I can see in a simple module I have, the JS for each of the slides averages at 402kb, but that only takes me to around 80mb if I multiply by 208 slides.

I would take a look in the JS folder, and order by file size to see if there are any anomalies. The paths.js file appears to get larger based on course size, but each of the [randomnumbersandletter].js file that are defined for each slide appear to vary from under 100kb to just over 500kb in my module. There will be lots of variables in a course that will change the size of those JS files I'm sure, but worth taking a look for anything obvious in the folder.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

do you have "big" data on your master slide?

all data* from the used master slide is duplicated to every single slide while publishing

i once had a progress bar on the master slide, solved as a shape with 100 states and many triggers, the result was that each slide became about 1 MByte larger

after that I solved the progress bar with a slider - no significant increase of the slides (in the js folder)

*only image data are not duplicated