Registration process for Articulate Storyline 360 - German Customers

Feb 15, 2021

Dear A360 Community.

I have two questions:

1. When creating a testuser licence, is it allowed to create productive content with that which will used in a company? This was not explicitly excluded in the FAQs.

(German licence right normally does not allow that... The wording "Testuser licence 60 days for free" should (if the answer is "Yes, can be used productive...") better be "User licence 60 days for free")

2. When creating a testuser account, the User (a normal employee!!) has to accept the US terms of use as well as the data protection declaration. Isn't the normal employee overwhelmed by this? Is the employee allowed and able to agree to this at all? How does other companys with round about 5.000 employees handle this? Are there additional agreements (e.g. AVV (order processing contract)) recommended?

Many many thanks for your thoughts on that.

Frank Hartmann

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Frank and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your questions.

1. The trial version of any Articulate software is a full version and includes all the features and capabilities. Within Articulate 360 you will be limited to what you can use within Content Library, but otherwise, you can test and utilize all the other features. With this being said, and that it's fully functional we still recommend that it shouldn't be used for live production work, but it certainly can be.
  2. When you publish content for your end users/learners, this will be hosted in your LMS or on your own website. They will not need the software to access your hosted content. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding your question.