Reload issue Please help!!

Oct 15, 2018

I am up against a deadline. I have spent over 20 hours and and can't come up with a solution. I have created an autism awareness training program for first responders. The training is free, unless you need continuing education hours. Then it sends you to PayPal for a $10.00 donation. PayPal sends you back to a slide with an embedded google form that lets you enter your required info and when you submit it, it emails you a completed CE certificate. That all works great. Problem is, they can just keep reloading the page and keep printing certificates. I can disable that feature in player, but then the person training would have to restart the 3 hours of training each time, instead of resuming where they left off. Help!!! is there a solution??? I have to debut this Wednesday at a fire conference in Nashville.

13 Replies
John Sokol

I am trying to work with what you offered, but I'm a bit confused. I set up a next slide trigger when timeline starts if variable 2 is not equal to false. All it does is skip the slide. Any help would be very much appreciated.  can you please spell out the required trigger(s)? Thank you in advance!

Alyssa Gomez

Absolutely, John! Here are the triggers Allison was referring to.

1. Create a True/False Variable called FormComplete. Set the default value to False.
  2. On the slide with the Google Form, add this trigger: Adjust variable FormComplete to True when the user clicks the Next button on the current slide. (Tip: be sure that trigger is at the top of the Player Triggers list to it happens first).
  3. On the same slide, add this trigger: Jump to slide Next slide when the timeline starts on the current slide if the FormComplete trigger is True.

Click here to see how those triggers will work in action!

John Sokol

Thank you so much. It works well if you attempt to use the back button on your browser which is great. It does not work, if they reload the page via the browser. I tried setting the player to always resume, hoping when they reloaded the page it would recognize the true/false trigger. I guess it resets when you reload the page via the browser. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, John.  I published Alyssa's sample file for web to have a closer look.  She enabled the option to limit to just one response just today.  I was prompted to sign into my Google Account - users would need to create one to respond to the form.

When I reloaded the same page, Google still had me signed in and recognized that I had already completed the form.  This worked for me using Chrome and Internet Explorer.  Can you just confirm again, if you were using Alyssa's sample file and Google Form, whether you're able to reload the page and fill the form out more than once?  Let me know what browser you're using and whether you republished on your end.

Thanks for sticking with it!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.