Reporting Interaction Data in SL 360

Apr 22, 2020

Hey All,

What would be a comparable setting(s) in SL for reporting interaction data? For example, in a Captivate project I am looking at, clicking on a button assigns an ID, and adds points to the total score, both of which are reported to the LMS. I have attached a screenshot of the Captivate setting. 

TIA

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Patrick!

It sounds like you're looking to track certain interactions that will impact a total score. Is this correct?

If so, I'd start by using variables! For example, you could create a variable called TotalScore. Next, create triggers to determine when points are added and subtracted from TotalScore. Lastly, make sure to create a Results Slide with this variable so it's tracked in an LMS!

I created this short tutorial to show you how this works! Here's the link.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for sharing those details with us! 

I wanted to share a resource that provides more details on what Storyline reports to the LMS. I am hoping this will help answer the question you are looking for: 

If this isn't quite what you were looking for, please let us know! 

Articulate 10

Vincent, if you refer to the screenshot in my post you can see what I'm talking about. I want to convert a Captivate course to Storyline and they have interaction IDs assigned to various buttons spread across the timeline which are included in the quiz. They also have a series of knowledge checks on individual slides, all of which are contribute to the user's score. The course is published to scorm 1.2. When the LMS report is generated it shows which buttons were clicked (based on the interaction data name) as well as the user's total score. It's pretty clever actually. The only problem is it's in Captivate and I hate Captivate. Well...I hate using it, I have nothing against the program per se. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Patrick,

To answer your question, Storyline does not have a setting that looks similar to what you've shared here.

However, we do have built-in graded question slides and you can use a Free-form Pick One to have that 'button' reported to the LMS as a graded question. 

Pick-One Questions

This could be included in any Result Slide added to your course and then reported to the LMS as Vincent shared above.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.