Resume not working in web published course

Mar 28, 2022

I am having an issue with courses not resuming when published to the web, even though I have it set to "Prompt to resume" in the Storyline > Resume setting. Users report that they need to restart on the first page when they closed their browser(whether it is  Microsoft Edge/Chrome/Safari). I knew of some similar cases that have happened before. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks. 

6 Replies
Ricky Yau

Hi Judy,

Thanks for sharing. We don't have an LMS/LRS at our company, but we're sure the resume feature has worked for the web before. Our previous courses allowed users to resume their study status when they returned to their course (the resume feature still works in these courses). But now, the Resume feature doesn't work even when the course is published to Review360.

Eric Santos

Hi Tash Te,

Sorry, you're hitting this snag! To rule out an LMS issue, you can test your published course at SCORM Cloud and compare the results with your LMS. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine.

If it works at SCORM Cloud, I recommend opening a support case with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. If your course doesn't resume correctly at SCORM Cloud either, send us your project file for review. We're happy to help!