Seekbar Problem after opening a new slide layer (storyline360)

Feb 15, 2022

Hi all,

i hope you guys can help me out with my little storyline360 problem. I have a storyline slide with several layers that are accessible (made visible after clicking at items/pictures). But before that a few seconds on the base layer a new slide layer opens up automatic and gives the user the instruction to open up the book at a specific page. To get them the time they needed to open the book i installed a "go on"-Button if they are ready. The button will lead the users back to the base layer and the timeline continues. So good so far. But when they are back at the baselayer and want to use the seekbar (for example to fast-forward or wind-back) the first timed slidelayer with the instruction (to open the book) shows up again. No matter where you click on the seekbar it alwasys jumps to the timed slidelayer. Do i need to use an extra trigger or something? I´m a little bit lost...

2 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, L.

Thank you for reaching out!

If I understand your scenario correctly, my initial thought would be to add a True/False variable, so the layer only shows up if the variable is false. You can then change it to True when the layer first appears. 

If this doesn't work for your design, are you comfortable sharing your .story file here so we can offer other suggestions?