Showing layer via button trigger (with conditionals) not behaving consistently.
I have a task to recreate an iPad app using Storyline360. Yeah. I get the easy projects.
There is a navigation menu that can be accesses on every screen. A button toggles it to move on/off the stage using triggers and logic gates. It works fine.
There is a button in the navigation menu that toggles the visibility of 2 layers; one on top of the menu layer and one on the bottom.
menuLayer (navigation menu)
When button is clicked to show the help layers, it works as it should:
- It will hide the navigation menu (by setting a variable that triggers an animation) if the variable "helpShowing" is TRUE.
- There are 2 triggers that will only execute if "helpShowing" is TRUE. This is for hiding the help layers.
- It sets "helpShowing" to FALSE.
- If "helpShowing" is false, show helpLayerBG.
- If "helpShowing" is false, show menuLayer (to make sure that its on top of helpLayerBG).
- If "helpShowing" is false, show helpLayerOverlay.
Thats how to get those layers to show.
The help layers have FADE transitions and the shapes in them have FADE exit animations.
Both layers have triggers that:
- Set "helpShowing" to equal true when timeline starts.
- Pause the timeline on ThisLayer when the timeline starts.
- Hide ThisLayer when the timeline ends.
On the helpLayerBG layer, there is a button that hides the layers by:
- Setting "helpShowing" to FALSE when clicked.
- Restarting the timelines for the two help layers.
- Set "menuMoving" to TRUE if "menuMoving" is FALSE.
I just can't figure out WHY it won't show helpLayerBG after the initial displaying. Do i need to add another variable to create a mitigating logic gate like i have for showing/hiding the navigation menu? (2 boolean variables, one for if the menu is moving and one for if it's on the screen or not).