SL 360 Closed Captioning Bug - disappearing CC

Sep 21, 2018

On several of our recent projects, all of which are on current version of SL 360, there is a bug in the CC. The CC is added, time-edited, and saved. Going back into "Edit Closed Captions" reveals that CC bubbles are randomly empty. In two projects with hundreds of CC bubbles there were 30+ empty bubbles. All in the correct position, but empty.

28 Replies
Kari McKay

Hi there, having this issue. I also cannot upload my project, but I can upload one of my .vtt files. I created the CC from the TTS feature and then, since the voices are very robotic, created the speech in Natural Reader and imported the audio. Each slide was done the same way.

I will just randomly lose CC (and the CC button  and then they'll start displaying again). When you edit the captions, they are exactly as they should be. At first I thought it was the same slides where the CC disappeared each time, but I just republished and I had a feedback note I made for myself to extend the CC, which I had done. Now the CC doesn't show at all for that slide

I'm using Storyline 360 V3.67.28569.0