SL 360 / FIND always aborts

Feb 06, 2019

We have two new Windows 10 systems.  Identical software configuration.

SL 360 will ALWAYS abort on one of the machines when searching for text using the FIND function. Simple search.  The other machine has no issue using FIND in the same .story. As such, I don't have anything to submit to support the problem.

I've completely un-installed Articulate, cleared the temp folder, rebooted, ensured all Window/drivers are updated.  Re-installed Articulate and Storyline and...

FIND still results in an abort:

"<Message>Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index</Message>."

Any help resolving this would be appreciated. Dump attached.

5 Replies
Sam Carter

UPDATE: Sometimes writing or talking about any problem can reveal extenuating circumstances.

I realized the the machine in question has multiple monitors and all SL panels are  kept open on another display.

Docking all the panels resolved the problem.  Undocking them one at a time revealed that when the "States" panel is undocked and on another monitor, the FIND search will always abort.  Redock the States panel and FIND works (doesn't abort). All the other panels can be undocked but not States.

Hope this helps find the coding error in Storyline 360.

Sam

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Sam! I appreciate you coming back to add that important piece of the puzzle!

We tested this problem by undocking the States panel, moving the panel to an external monitor, then using the Find tool. We did not run into any error messages or "abort" messages.

Could you share a screen recording of what you see on your end? Thanks in advance!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.