SL360 content running in latest Firefox browser shows several JavaScript errors and not in other browsers

Apr 21, 2021

I created a simple Articulate Storyline 360 3.50.24832.0 page and then published it both as SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2014 packages.

When I launch the same content in Firefox (87) I see several errors in our LMS as well as in cloud.scorm.com, such as:

1. downloadable font: kern: nTables is zero (font-family: "ArticulateBold CharBold153FC30F" style:normal weight:400 stretch:100 src index:0) source: data:application/font-woff;
  2. Uncaught TypeError: n is not a function (in slides.min.js:2:209734)

These errors do not occur in Chromium based browsers - like Microsoft Edge - and interfere with out other JavaScripts. 

Any suggestions how to prevent these errors in Firefox? 

NOTE:  I found similar JavaScript errors with Articulate Presenter content running in Firefox. But Articulate Rise content has no issues in Firefox.

11 Replies
Beata Balcerowicz

I have the same problem as Liam.

I created a Articulate Storyline course and published it on review and as a scorm 1.2.
On several slides in this course some pictures disappear and appear randomly after some time (for example 30s) only in Firefox browser.

Any suggestions to resolve this problem?

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

the errors with the fonts are 'normal' with firefox 103/104/105/... - i have them too, they don't seem to have any effect on the playback so far

##############################################

your 'i' problem seems to be the same like the known 'n' problem (3 x warning "An AudioContext was prevented from starting automatically", then the error)

your error message (published with storyline ???)

the known error message (published with storyline 3.65)

you can check the published version, open story.html in an editor (notepad)

the only solution so far is a new publish with the current storyline version (3.66 or 3.67)

Jürgen