SL360: Help: Gradient shape Fill changes when previewed

Mar 22, 2021

I created a gradient shape to go from background color to transparent. It is overlaid on a photo to soften the photo edge to make it look blended into the slide background. 

It looks fine in editing mode but when I preview it  it become a reddish gradient. 

Anyone know what's happening? 

Thanks! 
David

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi David!

I'm happy to help! Thank you for sharing your file. I'm noticing the same red line appearing on the slide. It looks like it is attached to the rectangle because when hiding the rectangle, the line disappears.

After looking at your project, I found that the line disappeared when re-adding the shape's settings. I've recorded my screen as I tested your course so you can see the changes I made. Here's the link.

I'll also attach the updated .story file to this reply. Please let me know if you have additional questions!

David Holzemer

Thanks! That wasn't the exact way I was doing it, but it might work the same.. and I won't get the red line :-) I'll give it a try.

Yes.. your way worked! 
What I was doing was using 2 stops in the gradient.. The gradient was the background color to transparent. And just after playing with it when I was trying your solution, I noticed I had the second stop set to red even though I had the slider to 100% transparent. 

I tried changing that background color from red to another color and whatever color I picked was the color line that appeared.. except for White. White seemed to make it work just like I wanted. 

Hopefully that makes sense :-)

Just wanted to let you know in case someone else bumps into this as well.

Thanks again for your help!