SmartART Equivalent on Storyline 360?

Jul 08, 2017

Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a "SmartArt Tool" on Storyline 360? I use it all the time in PowerPoint so I wasn't sure if they had an equivalent on this platform. Thanks!

11 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Ron,

You could create them in PowerPoint and then import them, however if you do that I would delete the text before you import because otherwise it won't be modifiable in Storyline. You could then add the text back in directly in Storyline using text boxes. Hope that helps!

Rebecca Cuevas

SmartArt graphics are awesome learning tools because of the way they help  organize information.

Is there a technical reason why SmartArt is not part of Storyline?

If it's going to mess up other features to have it, then it's not the end of the world to import from PowerPoint. But if there's no technical reason not to, I'd love to put in a feature request to have Smart Art be part of Storyline 360. It is one of the things I use most in PowerPoint and it's time consuming having to import it every time.

Stuti Jain

Hi

I know, this is not the right place may be, for raising another concern.
But I am currently doing a project and I am facing some issue with an SL
file after published to Rise.
So, I have used the notes part and are displaying them next to the slides
in Storyline. I have some APi packages extension or URLs which are long and
have no spaces. In this case, when I publish the course to Rise and use it.
The long words with no spaces are not completely shown in the notes. They
get hidden, instead of making it to the new line. This is really creating a
problem for me.
Can you help me with this?

Really appreciate your help!!

Thanks & Regards,

*Stuti Jain*
Tech Content Designer, TIBCO Software Pvt Ltd.
MO +91 8717871109

Becca Levan

You're in the right place for help, Stuti! 

To help me understand what you're describing, could I have you record your screen? Or attach screenshots of what you're seeing? If you prefer to keep things private, feel free to share the details in a case with us so we can work with you directly!

P.S. If you need to remove your signature from this public thread, you can do that by clicking the Edit button in your postHere's how :)

Rebecca Cuevas

Hi Marci and all,
I sort of found a workaround (not perfect, but intriguing though)... you can create an interaction in Engage 360 and then put that into your Storyline or Rise file. I actually just create mine in Engage and then film it as a short free-standing video. I tried doing the same thing first in PowerPoint using animated SmartArt, and the Engage version was much better.

So try that and see if it works for you!