Storyline 360 and accessibility

May 12, 2022

Hi there!

I'm trying to make a course (Storyline 360) accessible for both keyboard users and screen reader users and for everyone using a mouse etc. 

I have faced a couple of issues that I cannot solve myself. 

In the course I have many slides that contain clickable objects and by clicking them, new layers appear. After having viewed the layer content, the learner should be able to close the layer, go back to the base layer and select another object that opens another layer.

Is it possible to construct this kind of interactive slide so that it functions fully when using screen reader? And if it is, how can one do it?

What kind of solutions have you utilized when a course is quite interactive and should also be usable using screen reader? One option I was thinking is that I would create a copy of the course content and paste it to another scene and in the first slide of the course, the learner would be asked to make a choice on whether they will be using a screen reader or not.

Please help... I'm very grateful for all comments!

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Kaisa, 

Looks like you're trying to design an accessible Storyline 360 course. We have this documentation available to help you design courses that are accessible to all learners. 

If your course does not function as behaved when tested with screen readers, feel free to reach out to our support team here and we'll be glad to take a closer look at your project files.