Storyline 360 Audio won't upload to new slides

Jun 20, 2018

I needed to add a few more slides to my Storyline 360 project. I imported the slides from PPT without any problems. However, when I click to insert my audio from file, the audio never loads. It still says "loading audio" and I've waited about 10 minutes. 

I tested a different slide, one that isn't newly imported and audio loads just fine. Why is the audio not loading on the newly inserted slides?

I have run installed the updates and reopened Storyline. I rebooted my computer and reopened Storyline, still the audio won't add to the new slides.

Any thoughts?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sharon!

It sounds like you've already done quite a bit of troubleshooting, so I'm happy to lend a hand from here! Have you tried importing the audio on a different slide, then copy/pasting that audio file on to the PPT slide?

If you don't mind sharing the Storyline file with me, as well as the audio file, I'd like to test it on my end. You can attach both files to a new reply here.

Stephanie Shaw

Alyssa,

I've taken another look (it helps to step away and then come back with fresh eyes) and it now seems it is just one audio file that won't add to any slide, not just the new slides. I've attached the audio file. I can just re-record it as it isn't very long. But I'm curious if you notice anything with this file as to why it won't load. I couldn't try the option of copying it from another slide because it won't open on any slide. I even tried adding it to another project and it won't open.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sharon!

It sounds like you're now dealing with two separate issues, so let's tackle them one at a time:

• Audio file won't import: I tried importing the audio file into a new Storyline 360 file, and while it imported successfully, it did cause Storyline to crash. I'm not sure why that would happen, seeing as M4A is a supported audio file type. I'm going to share this with our Support Engineers to see if they have any insight to share.
  • Available memory is low: Was your file originally saved to your local hard drive, or to a network drive? You may be able to free up some memory by clearing out your temp files. This video explains how to find those files. Anything labeled TMP File can be deleted, unless it's a file you're currently working on. Let me know if that helps!
Stephanie Shaw

Alyssa,

Thanks for checking on the audio file. I'm also working with my Help Desk but we can't figure out why the file would cause Storyline to crash. It isn't any different than other files I've recorded. I was able to re-record and move forward with my project.

I had been saving my projects to my network drive. Today I was able to work on and ultimately publish the project I saved on my desktop last week. I didn't come across any problems. Would you recommend saving on the desktop going forward?

Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again, Sharon!

Absolutely, your local hard drive is the best place to save your files. Saving the file to a network drive can cause issues due to latency, which can sometimes lead to file corruption. 

I took a peek into your case this morning, and I can see my colleague Joshua is testing your file now. You should hear back from him soon!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.