Storyline 360 Build 3.76.30446 dated May 30, 2023

Jun 06, 2023

I downloaded the newest build and tried to re-published two different (completed) project and Storyline just shuts down. I cleared my cache, restarted my machine without any success. I re-installed the prior build 3.75.30269.0 and was able to re-publish without any issues.

Suggestions?  Has anyone else had this experience?

5 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Erin!

It sounds like you were having some issues getting your courses to publish after updating to the most recent version of Storyline 360. I'd be happy to work with you to figure out what could be causing that!

Testing this out on my end in both versions of Storyline 360 (3.75.30269.0 & 3.76.30446.0 in Windows Parallels on a Mac M1) I was able to preview and publish a course to Review 360 without issues. Everything was working as it should!

I just had some follow-up questions to help me get a better idea of your setup:

If you would be willing to share a copy of your project file(s) here in the discussion or privately through a support case I'd be happy to take a closer look and test the behavior on my end. We'll delete them from our system once troubleshooting is complete!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Erin Vincent

Hi Steven, 

1. I am working locally from my machine.

2. I am simply trying to publish the project.

3. I have uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted (per the instructions) and no luck.

4. I re-installed the prior build and was again, able to re-publish without any issues.  I have attached screen recordings of what's happening with the new build (that doesn't work) and old build (that works). 

Erin Vincent

Update from Customer Support Engineer. 

Hi Erin,

I tried publishing the course as a web package and LMS, which also closed as soon as I hit publish.

It appears that all Storyline projects in the lates build closes when publishing if the Title only contains numeric characters. I've logged this as a possible bug.

As a workaround, please add a non-numeric character to the Title of the course when publishing it. See screenshot: https://app.screencast.com/x7rDdccCyh52z

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look so we can determine the next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic, and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course, if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs: https://articulate.com/support/article/How-We-Tackle-Bugs

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry if it’s slowing you down.

Dexter Sadang

Customer Support Engineer