Storyline 360 crashes when opening.

Nov 14, 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying out Articulate 360 and so far I've downloaded Storyline 360, but everytime I open it, it crashes immediately. I pulled up the error report and it says that it can't load the file Articulate.Text.DLL . Any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks so much!

Bob

9 Replies
Ali Goulet

Hi Bob!

Thanks so much for reaching out here. I located your support case with our engineers (#00944665 for my reference) and they'll be reaching out to you shortly for further assistance. They're pretty awesome, so you're in terrific hands! I'll also be following along with your case and will relay relevant info back here for anyone who may encounter the same issue. :) 

Ali Goulet

Hey Lester- Sorry you're encountering this! Looking into Bob's case it doesn't appear that a resolution had been confirmed by him. It would be best if you could reach out to our Support Engineers directly over here so they can work with you to get this resolved quickly!

Bob- If you're still experiencing this issue please feel free to reply back in your case with the details Wilbert requested. We definitely want you to be able to experience all of the 360 fun first-hand! :)

Lester Cockerill

This is the solution that worked for me:

Check for Windows updates and make sure to install all available updates. Here's how:

Open Windows Update from the Control Panel. Click on the start button in the lower-left corner of the screen, then click on Control Panel. Next, click on System and Security, then Windows Update and Check for Updates.

NOTE: make sure that this specific update is installed in your computer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

Once this has been completed, restart your computer. Then proceed to uninstall Storyline 360 and reinstall it from the Tray app.

Ali Goulet

Sorry this has been plaguing you, Rohit! If you've already gone through the solutions in this thread and are still having this happen, I'd want to get you in touch directly with our Support Engineers. Would you mind reaching out to them over here? They'll be able to work with you one-on-one to investigate in your specific environment. If you let me know your case number here, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it as well. Thanks! :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Karen, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that you're experiencing a similar issue.

I see that you were able to chat with our support team, and Ronaziel provided the information needed.

For anyone following along, Storyline 360 is supported in the following Windows environments:

• Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (32-bit or 64-bit)