Storyline 360 - Drag and Drop

May 31, 2019

Hi all,

I'm working on a drag and drop quiz where we've got a selection of ten animal photos, and the animals need to be correctly paired up based on characteristics.

The "buckets" into which the animals need to be dropped are not distinguishable from one another, because the students will be calling out animals and their characteristics. It doesn't matter which bucket an animal is dropped into, as long as the corresponding animal is already there.

Is there a way to make each bucket initially accept any of the ten photos, but once a single photo is dropped into a bucket, the bucket will then accept only the single correct corresponding photo? For example, the teacher can drag a photo of a bear into any bucket #1-5, but then whichever bucket they put the bear into, that bucket will from there only accept one other photo which makes up the correct pairing?

Thank you!

2 Replies
David Stokes

Thank you, Walt! This is definitely on the right track of what I'm looking for, although right now in the sample it seems that the oval will return to its original location unless the rectangle has already been dropped into one of the two boxes - ideally I'd like for either the oval or the rectangle to be able to be dropped into a bucket first, then have the second item, whichever it is, register as correct when added to the same bucket.

Anyway, I'm beginning to think that my slide might end up requiring an overwhelming number of variables, anyway. With ten photos and five buckets, I'd probably have to have a lot of variables and True/False values. I've only been using Storyline for three weeks and don't much general experience with variables and true/false values in coding, so it's still a lot for me to wrap my mind around. Your sample is really helpful in that it's like a road map toward what I'd like to achieve.

Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.