Storyline 360 - Dynamic Tabs

Oct 08, 2018

Greetings everyone,

I would like to submit the attached Storyline 360 file as a downloadable template for everyone to use.

About nine months ago I was creating an eLearning course where I was wanting to use tabs on a slide that would reveal information when clicked, then that information would hide when the tab was clicked again.  I couldn’t figure out how to make that work the way I envisioned so I came out here to the community asking for help.  I had a few fellow members along with a staff member graciously responded with some ideas.  Unfortunately, those suggestions only got me close to what I really wanted to do.  I scraped that idea back then and haven’t thought about it since until recently a co-worker of mine had a need for this tab feature.  This time I was determined to figure it out…and I finally did.

Of all the templates that are currently in the Downloads/Templates section of the community that has tabs on a slide, I haven’t seen anyone create tabs the way I have in the attached Storyline 360 file.  I consider this template pretty straightforward.  Constructed with nothing but shapes, text boxes, the “hidden” state and motion paths.   No variables, no Javascript, no slide layers are used and only two sets of triggers per tab.  To make this work, everything resides on the slide itself.

I’ve labeled everything in the timeline so hopefully, everyone can easily understand how I built it, pick it apart and reconstruct it as you see fit to suit your project.  As such, you can rebuild it so the tabs can be placed on the left, right, top or bottom of the slide along with more or fewer tabs.

I'm hoping a staff member could add this to the Downloads section for everyone to use, please.

2 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.