Storyline 360 image game interaction

Sep 13, 2023

I am trying to make a game interaction but not sure how to make it function as I want to so I need assistance please. I have a main room 360 image and I want students to collect several items to complete a mission then another set of items to complete another mission. I have set it up that each item shows a layer that has a basket with the items collected but if the students choose the items in another order than what I did, it will take them to different places than what I want. 

For example, I made item #1 to take them to layer 1 and item #2 take them to layer two but if they choose item # 2 first, then it will take them to layer 2 which has item #1 in it but they did not choose item #1 yet so I am going to the wrong direction.

I wanted to add variable so a completion slide appears when certain number of items were collected but that feature is not available. It has only when user clicks something so it won't work.

What do you think the best way to achieve this? Is there any similar examples that I can view?

Thanks 

2 Replies
Garth Yorko

Use just one layer for your "Basket". Create a T/F variable for each item to collect. Have the variable change to True when a collectable item is clicked. 

On the basket layer, set the objects to initially hidden. Change the state of each object to normal when the timeline on the layer starts if it's associated variable = True. Set this layer to "Reset to initial state on revisit.

See attached.