Storyline 360 Importing power points

Sep 21, 2021

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import a power point and automatically apply the destination master slide set instead of the source slide set. 

Usually, I get both masters inside my new story with the source slide set applied still to the power point. Both masters are 16:9. Both masters are same number of layouts. 

Manually applying the layouts would be a daunting task as these are hundreds of slides in each powerpoint. Also when applying the 'newer' layout, sometimes corruption happens to the slide. (different text locations). Each slide master/layout has the same fonts and only minor differences usually around sizing/branding. 

I guess I just want to know the easiest way in Articulate 360 to make these changes, or if maybe I should do them in powerpoint and then import them?

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Thomas,

Storyline does not automatically apply master slides/placeholders to imported content. These slide masters are for building directly in Storyline. 

It sounds like you are already aware of your options, so I wanted to touch on a few concerns based on what you shared above and leave the ideas to others in the community to share their experience.

1. You can select more than one slide from StoryView:
    Changing Layouts for Existing Slides
  2. To prevent items from being in different locations, please be sure that your slide size in Storyline is the same as your PowerPoint slide size:
    Storyline 360: Setting Your Slide Size
Thomas Smith

It would be nice if I was able to do this with an import option such as is available in powerpoint. Often I have to change a slide master because of limitations with Storyline (special options like transitory backgrounds). Doing so for every powerpoint I have to import into Storyline is already painful, so it would be nice to just be able to use destination master/theme. I would think there would be some sort of method to do this, especially with many companies changing branding or stylistic looks to their presence every so often. 

Leslie McKerchie

I appreciate you sharing the features you would like to have, Thomas. I've documented this request and linked this conversation to our report so that we can share any updates with you here in the future.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests, which may be helpful.