Storyline 360 is stopping.

Oct 07, 2020

Hi Support,

My Storyline360 is stopping, so is not technically crashing because when I go into Task Manager there is no wording that says "its not responding".  But if I left it, it would be inactive until a vaccine is found for Covid. Sorry had to add that one in.

Anyway I just do a (cntl+Alt+delete) and end the task.  But sometimes I am naughty and don't save repeatedly. Just thought you should know.  I think Articulate 360 is asking me to update so I might do that as well.

Thank You

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Kim,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing with your software.

My first idea would be to conduct a repair of your software installation if it's happening regardless of which project you are working in.

How to Repair Articulate Storyline 360

Since you mentioned that you have an update available, that will get you on the latest version, details here, and repair your software at the same time.

In addition, if you're trying to track down a file that you did not save, there may still be a working version of your project in your temp files. Here's how to check:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even file size (i.e., very large files have a higher risk of corrupting). Consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.