Storyline 360: List of which triggers can be applied in multiples?

May 04, 2021

The new Trigger Wizard in Storyline 360 seems to allow you to set multiple objects at once within a single trigger. In the attached screenshot, for example, I can set something to happen based on the states of multiple objects - this is great! What a time saver.  

Trigger Wizard Multiples

Which ones are like this though? I only see the option to set multiples at once during certain trigger combinations. Is there a chart somewhere? What I'd actually like to do is Action several state changes with one trigger, but this doesn't seem possible so maybe I could devise a work around if I knew which of these were able to elicit this multiple selection menu.

4 Replies
Judy Nollet

When a trigger runs can be based on the state of multiple objects, as noted above. 

However, a trigger can only perform one Action. So you do need separate triggers to change the state of multiple objects. (JavaScript might reduce the need for triggers. Perhaps a JS expert will chime in about that.) 

Felix Franke

Hi Judy,

thanks for the clarification. So I will stop looking for a "cheap" solution...

Wouldn't it be great to have that possibility? For example, setting the states of 10 or even more objects back to normal with one click? Might work with a trick by setting a true/false variable. Look, NOW, I am coming up with that, after altering dozends of triggers 🤦‍♂️ 😂

Nice hat by the way 😉