Storyline 360 not importing Power Point files (resolved- must use PowerPoint 365 32-bit)

Feb 10, 2023

I am not able to import .ppt or .pptx files into Storyline 360. I checked the KB, and none of those issues apply. Powerpoint (local, not web) and Storyline 360 are installed on the same drive (c:\), both running locally. I even moved the ppt file into the Storyline 360 install directory, which did not work. They are all running as administrator and 'administrators' is the owner for both applications.  I tried importing a blank ppt / pptx, and it still did not work. I restarted my machine several times and tried 14 times to import different ppt / pptx files. I think that covers everything that I have read from the forums and KB to do to fix the issue.

EDIT 1: The only thing that I have not tried yet is using Office 365 32-bit click-to-run which I am trying now.

EDIT 2: Resolved - Uninstalled PowerPoint 64-bit and installed 32-bit.

Storyline 360 does not work with PowerPoint 360 64-bit. Please add this to your KB. This is a critical detail.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Brian,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I can confirm that Storyline 360 supports the perpetual version of Microsoft PowerPoint 64-bit, so there's a possibility that something else may have been causing the PowerPoint import to fail. For your reference, you can check out the supported Microsoft Office versions here:

If you've confirmed that you are using a supported version of Microsoft Office, feel free to open a case with our support team here so we can check why your PowerPoint files are not importing properly.