Storyline 360 Notes area

Mar 10, 2020

Is there a way to change the default font size for the Notes area? The current default is 9, which is too small and difficult to read. It's tedious having to set the font size for each slide. I'm referring to the Notes area in the course development and not the note section in the Player.

Thank you,

Dan

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

If you're still subscribed to this discussion, I wanted to share that the feature mentioned has been released! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

9 Replies
Daniel Bolia

Hi Katie,

Thank you for you reply to my question. While I'd like to be optimistic about this particular feature, I noticed that this very same issue was brought up as far back as SL-1, seven years ago. It appears that six and five years ago, others also asked this same question. The standard reply seems to be "This feature is not available, please submit a feature request."

Perhaps because no one asked about global editing of the Notes section in the last five years, it may have been overlooked. By all means, please raise the issue again to the Development Team.

Thank you,

Dan

Katie Riggio

Greetings, Dan!

I appreciate your contribution, and you're right — a global editing Notes text feature has been mentioned for some time. While we acknowledge the time frame and read every conversation around the feature, we're committed to ensuring its impact and benefit for the majority of users comes first.

You can learn more about our feature prioritization process here!

We aren't planning to develop this capability at this time, but we'll continue to share input with the right team and keep you updated on any changes!

Monica Russell

I don't know if this will help, but I would also like to request the ability to change the Notes section to a default that is higher than the current 9. I am working on a 42 slide eLearning now and I have to update each Note section so that I am not squinting when I begin to record. Thanks for the link to the feature prioritization process as well. 

Daniel Bolia

Hi Monica,

Apparently there's no easy way to do what you're talking about. This request has been talked about since SL version 1, It's not a priority. It is frustrating that we can't even set the default font size for the Note section in the Master Slide. The only way I've found is to use the Duplicate Slide function when I create a new slide. I know this is not a solution if you already have the slides created.

Good luck with your project,

dan

Lauren Connelly

Hello all!

If you're still subscribed to this discussion, I wanted to share that the feature mentioned has been released! In Storyline 360 (Build 3.85.31840.0), you can now instantly update the formatting of all slide notes in your project.

From here, all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you run into any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team in a support case. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.