Storyline 360: Quiz results slide - Possible to show the total correct answers instead of % ?

Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to show, on the Quiz results slide, the total correct answers instead of a percentage?

For example, the following would appear: You have answered 6 of 10 questions correctly.

I have created 2 variables:

Name: TotalCorrectAnswer 

Type: Number

Value: 0

Name: TotalQuestionsPerProject

Type: Number

Value: 0

That's where I get stuck unless it's not possible?

Thanks,

Julie

9 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Julie

yes that is possible.

Create a trigger on each quiz slide after the submit interaction trigger:

Add +1 to TotalCorrectAnswer when user clicks submit button on condition (e.g. radio button 1 is selected).

You don't need the second variable TotalQuestionsPerProject as the number of questions is a static 10

On the result slide you would have a text box that says something similar to the following

You have answered %TotalCorrectAnswer% of 10 questions correctly.

If you are still stuck, share your .story file and someone can help you.

Julie Frappier

Right ! 

But, for the multiple answers...

Let's say question 3 has 2 correct answers, and the user only selects 1 out of 2. That question all together should be marked as incorrect, therefore no points associated with it. But when I add the +1 value, it calculates the question the user got right and didn't take into account the fact that he needed to have the other correct answer.

Am I making sense?

Any thank you for your help!

Julie 

Wendy Farmer

Sorry I'm battling a head cold and I misunderstood - I thought you wanted to add 1 for each choice selected.

You're  right Julie

Try this trigger

adjust variable add +1 when user clicks submit on condition that  checkbox 1 is not equal to selected AND checkbox 2 =selected AND checkbox 3=selected AND checkbox 4 is not equal to selected. This will weed out the users that check more than box 2 and 3 as that would be incorrect.

let me know how you go.